Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Skirt review

This morning, the 5 a.m. alarm was actually not an issue. The alarm went off, and I was amazingly awake. Or so I thought... on my drive to the trail, I was all prepared to continue to the office. At 5:20 a.m. Because I usually show up to work in running gear while it is still dark outside.... right. Luckily, I was following another one of our group and was reminded of my actual intent with enough time to turn into the trail head.

Sadly, my allergies were attacking today, forcing me to walk more than I had hoped. Coughing + drainage + running = gross. Luckily things evened out the last 15 minutes or so... 

Finally got around to using the skirt for actual running (after a weekend spent wearing it camping/canoeing). Turns out, the issues I thought I had (skirt being a bit big -- thought I may end up with chafing issues...) didn't cause any problems on the 3.5-miler this morning. Overall, I dig the skirt!

Things I don't understand:
What's with the upside-down pockets in running clothes? Are they really beneficial in any way? They are often hidden, so it can't just be a trendy thing. 

I guess that's only one thing... but if you can explain it, I will be thrilled! And may even dedicate my next blog post to you.