Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Team World Vision

For those not aware, I'm running as part of Team World Vision. I've been a fan of World Vision for years, thanks to my buddy Aarik Danielsen. We partnered together in 2005 to organize a fundraising event for World Vision's orphans and widows fund, which helps families torn apart by HIV/AIDS.

World Vision is most known for helping kids around the world. They have a fantastic child sponsorship system -- for $30 a month, you can provide clean water, food and education to help 
end the cycle of poverty in developing countries. 

In addition to helping kids, World Vision helps families by tackling issues should as the world AIDS crisis and water and sanitation. They provide means of living -- livestock and agricultural knowledge -- for families unable to provide for themselves. They also work to provide quick disaster response when natural disasters occur.

I'm added a widget to the side of my blog that links to my Team World Vision fundraising page. The page allows you to sponsor a child or make a one-time donation that immediately goes to work to tackle the causes of poverty and injustice.

If you are a runner, cyclist or triathlete interested in becoming part of Team World Vision, I'd love to tell you more about the program. I'm currently working with the powers that be to become a team leader -- I'd love to have you aboard!