Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Just over 3 weeks...

I was reminded yesterday that the half marathon is less than a month away. After Saturday's 10-miler, I'll officially be tapering. Weird thought. The training plan recently is to run more than half of the full mileage.

Running is slowly getting easier again. Pace is improving -- miles have consistently been faster than 12-minutes recently. AND, I've mostly been looking forward to my 5:30 a.m. running sessions.

I've been trying to do more strength-training. This week's SparkPeople Biggest Loser interteam challenge was a series of lower body ST exercises. Did my 50-minute session last night. I've been ignoring ST on my lower body almost entirely which, in retrospect, was really a dumb plan.

Tomorrow is weigh in day. Thus far, I know I'm down 2 pounds this week. Hoping the scale will be nice and make it 3 (as I was only an ounce away when I did a sneak-peak weigh in!).