Thursday, March 12, 2009

In a that great gettin' up mornin'

This morning was a 2.1 miler. No shoe issues, no muscle issues. T and I both felt this morning was the best run we've had all year. I think we're scheduled for 8 on Saturday, so I hope our good days continue. I'd really like to be able to run most of that (I'd REALLY like to run it all, but the way things have been going, I'm not sure that's possible...).

It's funny how little runs like today can be so powerful in providing hope. Maybe the post-marathon yuckiness is evaporating. And if not, at least I can be reminded that the bad days are worth it to experience the good days every now and then.

Sent a note to the ole Tuesday/Thursday group to encourage them to start waking up and meeting us again. The mornings were 7 or more would meet to run were good times. I miss that crew.