Thursday, October 9, 2008

I have a dream...

I have a dream... of a shoe that doesn't need an insert, that won't cause blisters or make my toenails turn black. I understand it is possible, but I sure haven't found it! I reheated my archmolds last night to adjust them in my new shoes, but this morning's run still left my arches feeling in danger of blisters -- NOT allowed for my 20-miler this weekend.

I've been fighting the shoe battle for a year now, and I'm tired of it. How long should it take to find the perfect shoes?? Especially since I'm going to specialty running stores that do gait analysis, etc. 

I plan to walk around in the new shoes and attempt another short run tomorrow. If that doesn't work, I'm reverting back to my old, dead, too small pair for the weekend. What's another lost toenail, after all?