Wednesday, January 21, 2009

St. Louis, here I come

Things have been quiet around here, as the off-season isn't very exciting... especially when said off-season is WINTER and holiday pounds and seasonal depression kick in. Saturday starts my training for the Go! St. Louis half marathon. My eating habits have been back on track all week, and I took the plunge and joined a gym today.

Since it is too cold to bike or swim, and I get bored with fitness videos, I finally decided it would be worth my dollars to invest in a gym membership so I can have access to strength training equipment and actually do cross training. Spinning classes are first on my list!

I have an appointment with a personal trainer at 6 a.m. tomorrow morning to evaluate where I am and what steps I need to take to improve fitness and shed some pounds.

Also chatting with a new friend from my favorite justice organization about running future races on behalf of WaterPartners. I'm proposing some crazy ideas about setting up a far less elaborate version of Team World Vision. We'll see.