Tuesday, August 12, 2008

The Countdown

12 weeks left. Two school grading periods. Two and a half months. The time has never seemed so short. In 12 weeks I will be in Springfield, toeing the line and praying to cross the finish. 

It's getting hard. I feel worn out. My body is rebelling. Most of it is probably my own doing. I'm scaring myself and wearing myself down by overanalyzing; by focusing on weeks I'm not on yet. 

I'm eating better this week, calorie counting again -- trying to stay between 1350-1700 per day. If I keep to that, with a good blend of multi-grain carbs and lots of fruits and veggies, I should feel better. 

Lynne and Bryan sent me links to a YouTube video full of motivational quotes. My favorite was one of Winston Churchill's. "If you are going through hell, keep going." It actually made me laugh because of the simple truth. 

When things get hard, it is so tempting to stop. But who wants to be STUCK in hell? Once I reach that starting line, the months spent running in hot and humid weather, in ill-fitted shoes and through bad days will be MORE than worth it. 

So here I am, continuing through hell for the right to line up on November 2.