Friday, May 22, 2009

Summertime

First run of the almost summer. Short 2-miler, but felt good. Reminder of why I run in the early mornings during the summer (and recently, year-round). Running in the heat is draining! And it isn't even the crazy hot and humid days we'll have in the legitimate summer.

Ready to start back on a regular plan to get back in race shape for the fall season. I'll probably take it fairly easy this week -- maybe 2-milers every other day, with a longer run next Saturday (maybe 5k?).

Since I've been out of town so much on weekends -- and will continue to be throughout June -- I've been running alone. It's been so long since I've run consistently alone that I feel I have to rebuild all my mental strength. I imagine it will be good for me -- it will be nice to be back to the point of running 7+ miles alone. It's been over a year since I've had to do that (whoa, I've been a marathoner for over a year now. CRAZY!).